Ways to help support the hall
1. Participate in the village events. ~ See the events calendar.
2. Hire the hall for your own event. ~ Check out the facilities.
3. Use easyfundraising when you shop online and we'll get a small donation from the shops you use. ~ Click here for details.
4. Enter our monthly raffle (100 Club) and have a chance at winning £20 or £50! ~ How to enter
5. Volunteer to help with one or more events. ~ Message us and we'll get in touch
6. Join the committee. ~ More details here
1. Participate in the village events
Coffee mornings ~ a great way to meet people
Quiz nights ~ a fun evening of drinks, nibbles, and a pub-style quiz
Special events ~ entertainment and fun activities throughout the year.
2. Hire the village hall for your own event
You can hire the Village Hall for small wedding receptions, parties of up to 70 people seated, BBQs, fund raising events, meetings and many other activities. We have licences for the playing or performance of music in public as well as an alcohol licence.
3. Use Easyfundraising ~ Click here to see how it works
Help us reach our target of £1000
How does it work? . . . Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. The retailers will then make a small donation to our village hall to say “thank you”. There are over 3,500 participating retailers, so your preferred online shops are almost certainly included.
Donations are available through over 3,500 online brands and retailers including:
Join the 1.5 million other easyfundraising users. It's 100% free to use. You can raise money for your favourite cause every time you shop online. Donations are available through over 3,500 online brands and retailers. You can also download their helpful Donation Reminder and mobile app so that you never forget to trigger the free donation when you shop online.
Here's how to do it
Join easyfundraising and you can generate free donations for our village hall every time you buy something online. It won't cost you a penny extra so please help us to raise funds.
- Visit the easyfundraising website and search for Great Whittington Village Hall amongst the supported good causes. Click here to go straight there.
- Create your free account. It takes just a few minutes. Click here to go straight there
- Login and start shopping online. As you shop, easyfundraising makes a small donation to the village hall. Click here to go to the login page
4. Enter our monthly raffle ~ join the 100 club
Great Whittington Village Hall runs a monthly raffle to raise funds for the village hall upkeep. It's called the 100 Club because there are 100 numbers for sale.
Would you like to be in with a great chance to win £50 or £20 each month? Of course you would ... and that's where the Village Hall Hundred Club comes in! For an annual investment of just £24, you simply pick a number between 1 and 100. Each month at the coffee morning, we pick out two numbers - the first wins fifty quid, and the second wins £20.
If you haven't got your number yet, click here and see which numbers are still available.
You can buy a number just for £24, valid for one year.
So you have 12 chances of winning any of these prizes over the year with just one number.
If you wish to buy more than one number you can. Obviously, the more numbers you have, the better the chance of winning.
Go on over to the 100 club page and purchase your number now.
We often need volunteers to help with a wide variety of events and activities.
If you are prepared to help in any way, please go to the contact page and send us your details. There are many ways you can help, either on an 'ad-hoc' basis, or with regular events and activities. Whatever you can do will be gratefully appreciated.
6. Join the committee
We need some more committee members for a range of roles and responsibilities
If you feel you are able to give some time to help as a committee member, please please email John Roberts (Chairman) at email@example.com. If you'd like to learn more about exactly what is involved, please include your phone number and John will be more than happy to call you for a chat.